Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Am I wrong???

I decided late last night that I would not be going to my best friends wedding that is 13 hours away. I would have to be gone atleast a day and a half. My husband just had surgery 2 days ago and isn't recovering very well. He is in a lot more pain that he had expected. Then today I took Chase to the doctor and he has a double ear infection and a cold, that was just icing to my cake. Once I heard that I def knew my place was at home to take care of my family. But now she is mad at me. She told me that the people that want to be there, will be there. I don't think that is fair to me. I have always been there for her and I want nothing more than to be there for her on her wedding day, but I have to put my family first. My family needs me, between being sick and recovering from surgery, they need me. Yes, she needs me too, but I just feel my place is at home. Am I wrong? Should I have gone? My mother-in-law was gonna stay with Matt and the kids, but I feel it is my place, especially since Chase is sick now. I feel horrible and I might have just lost a best friend of 14 years, but doesn't my loyalty need to be to my family first? Shouldn't she understand that? I mean, she has every right to be upset b/c it is her wedding and we are less than a week away from it, but this is my husband and child we are talking about. This really sucks! I really want her to have a beautiful wedding and I want her to be so happy, she deserves to be happy. I just wish I was there to witness it. I hate this!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, I know I have no room to comment as I missed your wedding but I think you're right...she's probably really nervous about the wedding and someday she'll get it, just maybe not until she has a sick baby and someplace she really needs/wants to be...don't give up, she'll only be upset until she forgives you.