Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Change, Feed, Sleep and Repeat..

Wow, it has already been a week since Chase came into the world. Can you believe it? I mean, time has flown by in the blink of an eye, before I know it he is gonna be walking and graduating college. lol



Chase is such a calm baby. All he pretty much does is eat and sleep. At night I get around 3 hour stretches of sleep give or take a half hour, which isn't bad at all. And the whole boy thing is so totally new to me. I swear this kid just waits for me to be in the middle of changing him or putting the vasoline on his dooder and he just starts peeing, it doesn't matter if his diaper is completely full of pee, he still pees. But on a good note, I have yet for the pee to go onto me (knock on wood). lol I just don't know how to time my changings better so that he doesn't pee everytime I have that diaper off the boy.



As far as Emma goes, she seems to be going on as if nothing is new. She loves baby Chase and loves to look at him and give him kisses. She seems to be adjusting well, hopefully it continues that way.

Then there is me. Physically I am doing great. I feel good, physically. Emotionally, I'm a freakin wreck at times. With Emma I had postpardom depression bad! It isn't as bad this time around and it usually only occurs in the evening. I hate feeling this way and I can't wait for it to get better. It really flares up when Emma starts to give me a hard time or when she throws one of her fits. Then I get to thinking, I hope Emma doesn't feel like I am abandoning her for Chase. I don't want her to think Mommy doesn't love her or doesn't want her. This really worries me, I don't want to lose our bond. Just so much crap going thru my mind. Matt has been spending time with Emma which is great, but he goes back to work tomorrow. Is she gonna throw a fit when she wakes up and sees Daddy isn't home. Is she gonna rebel b/c Daddy isn't here and give me a hard time all day, which will result in me being a big ball of stress. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, but I've gotta do it. I've gotta pull myself together and get with the program. So people out there, keep me in your thoughts and prayers that this post pardom crap goes away quick!! Thanks!!

2 comments:

Chasity said...

Sarah it will definitely get easier!! It honestly took me a full 6 months to truly find my footing as a parent of 2! I will definitely be thinking about you!!! If you need more encouragement or have any questions let me know!!! Hang in there & keep your head up!! :o)

Unknown said...

I'm home every evening and would be more than happy to have Emma and Chase or Emma so you and Chase can bond! Or all three of you and if you happen to take a nap, it would be ok! Any time, would be fun! And it would give me a chance to hang out with a little girl!