Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Update on the Prego...

Ok, so I haven't been able to get onto here for the last couple of days, blogger wasn't letting me post for some reason.


Anyways, I went to the new doc on the 30th and everything is great. I had an ultrasound and the baby is a whopping 2oz, which is normal. They confirmed my due date, July 29th. The doc seemed quite optimistic about my gestational diabetes. He said that I would only have to test my sugar about 5 times a week and that he thought I wouldn't need insulin at all. The way he talked, he would be totally surprised if it ended up being that I needed insulin. So, I left that day feeling great and super optimistic. I knew I would still have to go to the Diabetic clinic to get on the new diet, but I wasn't worried.


So yesterday I went to the Diabetic clinic. This appointment went quite differently then what I expected. They have me testing 4 times a day, not a week. I then asked them if it was a possibility that I would have to have insulin at some point. You should have seen the look on the nurses face. The way she talked, I will probably be on insulin shots by mid to late pregnancy. For those of you that know me good enough, you know that I HATE needles. So, now I am totally freaked out! I don't want to give myself shots, but I can do it for the baby. Whatever I have to do to keep this baby healthy I will, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So, there is my sentence. Quite different from the one I expected, since my doc played it all off as it was nothing. I go back to the Diabetic clinic on Tuesday to see the dietician. She will see if the diet I am on is ok according to my sugar readings. At some point I may not even be allowed any carbs for breakfast, this will be the last step before insulin. So, for those of you that believe in prayer, please pray that I don't have to do the shots!! Anyways, I will update more when I know more.


So here is a pic of my newest investment. Not something I enjoyed purchasing and could have thought of other things to spend freakin $72 on, but it was a must.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have four...count them four testers and we only use 1 or 2!! I could have given you 1!!