Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Quick Update

Okay, so not a lot has been going on. But I do have some good news. I have been able to get my sugar undercontrol. I'm not sure how exactly, but I have. That is a huge relief. I was suppose to go to the Diabetic Center last Friday, but due to weather ONCE AGAIN my appointment was cancelled. So, I am suppose to go this Thursday. So far the weather isn't calling for any snow that day, so hopefully I will be able to make it. This weekend I have been eating a little more carbs than I am suppose to. We ate out a lot this weekend and I felt like I've done such a good job with my sugar that I kinda overindulged. I had a Big Mac, which by itself would have been fine, but I just had to add in a small fry. Then on Saturday night we ate at Ci Ci's Pizza (first time we ever ate there) and I finished the meal with one of their cinnamon rolls. Then today I had fish sticks (been craving them), which would have been fine, but I added a few fries and a 1/2 an ear of corn. So, my sugar was high. But back onto the strick diet first thing in the morning. It felt good to splurge and it wasn't like I totally went off the diet. If I don't do this everyonce in a while, I think I would go nuts.

Oh, the reason for all the eating out. Matt, Emma and I went and stayed in a hotel Saturday night. The 3 of us slept in a King size bed, mind you this is the first time Emma has ever slept in bed with us and I don't care to do it again anytime soon. She is use to being rocked for atleast a little while, so it was hard to get her to settle down. Then after she fell asleep at 10:30, she woke up twice crying before 1:00. Then for the rest of the night, her feet were in my face and her face was in Matt's face. And then the lovely alarm went off at 4:00am, it was time to get ready and take Matt to the airport. Yes, he is gonna be gone all week. Boy does this suck!! It is gonna be interesting how Emma handles it. She loves her Daddy, so we'll see how long she lasts before withdraw. So at 5:30 in the morning I am driving home from Dayton, which is about an hour away. But wait, this wasn't any typical morning, let's throw in some freezing fog that only allows you to go 45 down I-75. It was horrible!! Between not being able to see very far in front of me, but then the fog putting ice on my windshield. I was tired and just wanted to go home, but obviously I made it and in once piece.

This week I also have my doctors appointment. I will be 18 weeks on Tuesday, so I was hoping that they would be giving me an ultrasound, but no such luck. I called to see if I was scheduled for one and they said no. So I guess I won't be finding out what I am having until next month.

Well, it is going on 10 and I wanna go to bed, but first I have to get Emma to go to sleep. I will update after I have my 2 appointments.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll do fine without Matt...not so sure about Emma but I'm sure you'll get through it! When Todd is out of town I always move the boys in with me...bad habit but good snuggle time!