Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Update!

Okay so Emma and I both went to the doc on Monday. Emma had her 2 year well check up and everything looks great!! She only had to get a flu shot and the tears quickly went away when offered a sucker! The doc says she looks great and is progressing great!!

Then came my turn. This is my first prenatal visit. The doc changed my due date to July 29th, which is fine with me, the sooner the better. When trying to find the heartbeat, she would hear one or two beats then the baby would move. It is being ornery already!! lol Anyways, when she went to do the examine she discovered that my uterus is tilted and off to the right, which is no big deal, but that explains why it was so hard to hear the heartbeat. So, I go back the 24th to try and hear the heartbeat again. By then I will be just a couple days over 13 weeks. I will be in my 2nd trimester already, boy the time has flown.

Then came all of the fun. She gave me my orders for blood work. Which means, this morning I went and got my glucose checked. That orange drink makes me so sick!! But I made it thru it and should have the results tomorrow. As I have mentioned before, I was borderline gestational diabetes with Emma, so that is why I had to go so early for my test. If this test comes back positive, then I have to go back for the 3 hour test. (not fun!) If I end up having gestation diabetes, not just borderline, then this pregnancy will be considered high risk and I will have to go to a different OB for the rest of my pregnancy. I really don't want to have to do that! I love my doctor so much, she is so great!! So, everybody keep me in mind tomorrow for my results, hopefully this time around everything will be fine. Then if it is fine, I can go off of this stupid carb diet, I think! Unless the doc says otherwise. Anyways, that is my update for now, I will try to post my results tomorrow.

No comments: