Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 3, 2008

UGH!

Okay, so Emma and I went to the doc today. Emma got 2 perscriptions, hopefully this helps. The doc told me that I could take Robitussin. She said that during pregnancy Robitussin, Sudafed, Benadryl and regular strength Tylenol are all safe. So, I'm gonna take some Robitussin and hopefully get rid of this cold.

Anyways, off to the ugh! She told me to go ahead and start my carb diet. I knew it was coming, but I didn't want to hear it. For those of you that don't know, I had borderline gestational diabetes with Emma and had to go on a carb diet. It's not as bad as a diet as those with diabetes have to be on, but when you never watch what ya eat it is so hard!!! So, if I remember right this is what I am allowed. 30 carbs for Breakfast, 15 for snack, 60 for lunch, 30 for snack, 60 for supper and 30 for snack. I think. Well, if you take a normal slice of bread, that is 15 carbs. So, when I was prego with Emma I ate 2 slices of toast with peanut butter every morning for breakfast. I have a book with most of the fast food restaurants in it that tell me all the carbs and that. It doesn't take much for the carbs to add up and all the foods that I love are loaded with carbs!! Pasta, bread, potatoes, mac n' cheese and the list goes on. This is probably gonna be even harder this time around, b/c I'm craving EVERYTHING!! My doc told me today that she was the same way, she said she bets it's a boy. And like I've already mentioned, I think it is a boy too. So, off I go to try and figure out what in the heck I'm gonna be able to eat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a few tips - Wonder Wheat Light bread is only 9 carbs per slice and super soft...also to stretch snacks meats and cheeses are free...oh and pickles are free. To eat out Taco Bell is about the best on Carbs but Bob Evans is easy to figure...also, Rays makes a cake that is like a birthday cake tastes better and it sugar free making it less carbs...I know you've done this before but just some things I've picked up watching others