Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 14, 2008

The Results are In!

Well, the doctors office called me today. Actually I called them because I was getting anxious. When they called back they confirmed everything that I knew but didn't want to be true. I have Gestational Diabetes. It's not borderline, it is the real deal. So, tomorrow they are gonna call me back with a more detailed description of what is going on. This also means that I will have to go to a different doctor for the remainder of my pregnancy, I will be considered "high risk" and my diet will probably be horribly strict! To me, this seems like the end of the world right now. I know there are a lot of other things that are so much horribly worse, but I'm having a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. But as long as the baby is healthy, that is all that really matters. For all of you that may know what the numbers mean for glucose results this is what mine were. After 1 hour 202, after 2nd hour 160 and after the 3rd hour 140. So, when I find out what my sentence is, I will fill ya all in.

1 comment:

Chasity said...

Sarah that stinks that you have GD, but atleast you can maintain the diet and everything will be great!!! Sending healthy pregnancy vibes your way!!!