Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What happened??

First off, I haven't uploaded my Easter pics yet, so I will have to do that post later.

Today I went back to the Diabetic Center and I went confidently. Well, boy was my bubble busted and in a huge way!! I thought I had been doing good, grant it this weekend it wasn't, but I chalked that up to stress and constant running. Well, the 2 nurses sat there in front of me and discussed whether or not to start my insulin shots today or at my next appt. I guess my sugar right now is at the point where I could use the insulin just whenever my sugar spikes, but it isn't totally bad. She said that my pregnancy hormones will increase around 25 weeks and that makes it difficult for the insulin to get thru the pancreus or placenta or whatever that is in my stomach. lol So, she said that she will be calling my doc today to get the perscription for insulin so that we will be ready to go at my next appt. Then she was like "I bed you to please call me if your start getting high sugar readings before your next appt." I was like, of course, I don't want to harm the baby in anyway. And even tho I really don't want to do shots, I'm not gonna avoid it. So here I am just waiting to go on insulin shots. She also said, we have no question about you going on insulin we are just waiting on when you go on it. So, fun fun is instore for me, but oh well. If my friends 5 year old can do, so can I!! Oh, she showed me the needle and asked if I wanted to give myself a shot of saline just to see that it doesn't hurt. I was like no, not yet. I will work on the courage for next time. lol

Anyways, so that is that. By the way, we have chose the official name for this baby boy. He will be Chase Andrew. Oh, one more thing....they was about to let me leave today and then I mentioned how the doc said that Chase is already big. Well, that made them discuss the possibility of insulin yet today. But as you know from what I wrote above, I escaped for now without any needles. lol

I will be sure to keep everyone update. Also, I will post about Easter and my little Miss Emma soon!! She looked so cute in her dress!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shots stink if you are 25-26 or if you are 5...he doesn't know any different so he never had the opportunity to be afraid of needles! Don't beat yourself up about not liking needles...just because what someone else has sucks worse, doesn't mean that what you have doesn't suck! But CONGRATS on a big strapping baby boy...Chase will be beautiful!!