Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Weekend. UGH!!

Okay, so I was kinda looking forward to the weekend. We had some of Matt's family that was gonna be in for the weekend and we had a cookout at the lake to go to. Matt took friday off, so it was a long weekend with him at home too. Well, it all began on Friday night. Matt stepped off our back porch and stepped half on the sidewalk and half off, resulting in a broken ankle. So, now he is in a air cast till Tuesday when we go to the orthropedic doctor and he decides on whether he needs a walking cast or a cast cast. We are hoping for a walking cast and the doctor at urgent care said it was just a minor break, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

We did make it to our cookout on Saturday, which was nice. It wasn't too hot and Emma was really good. It just made me really nervous having her that close to the water. She's not scared of anything and doesn't get the concept that she can drown.

Then today, Matt and I are in the kitchen talking and all of a sudden it sounded like someone turned the water on in the "old" bathroom. Well, I go in and a fitting blew off where our sink use to be and water was shooting up, almost to the ceiling. OMG!! I start yelling for Matt to hurry and shut the water off and with him being on crutches isn't as fast as it normally is. Water was everywhere, but not only that, but it got under our hardwood floor in the dining room. So, now we have our laminate floor half tore up with a fan drying it and towels all over our old bathroom. We have 5 and 7 weeks till Mr. Chase makes his appearance and we don't have a room for him yet. We are pretty much under the mercy of our brothers generosity to help us so that we can finish our remodeling. There is still some stuff Matt can do but not everything with a broken ankle.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. We kicked our ac on on Thursday. Once we kicked it on, it didn't stop till 9pm or so. Everyday it has ran non-stop!! It is brand freakin new, we just had it put in last year. So, on Friday they came out and told us to do this and that and if it didn't help over the weekend to give them a call on Monday. Well, I'm calling on Monday!! Our ac has been running since 8am this morning and it only gets hotter. I am one PO'ed lady and the ac guy isn't gonna like me come tomorrow morning. He told us that the ac was big enough to cool our house, well obviously it isn't!! And they are gonna fix it, for FREE!!!

So, to sum up my weekend, UGH!! And in result of it, I am one grumpy lady!!! Hopefully this week will be better. I go to the doc on Tuesday for and ultrasound and I will give an update on Chase. Emma is still Emma. She is making a fine 2 year old, lol. We get those spells where I just don't know what to do with her and then she turns around and is loving and saying "I love you too Mommy." I guess she is just the typical 2 year old and I'm just gonna have to stick it out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nasty weekend! What all is left to do? How can we help? I'll call later to talk about things we can help with!