Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

34 Weeks and a Crazy Weekend!

This past weekend we had Relay for Life. That was so incredibly tiring!! The whole time I only walked 2 laps, but I was the one manning the booth. We had a couple games, cookies, watermelon wedges and our raffle. So, from 6pm to about 11:30pm I was on my feet. Boy oh boy did I feel it the next day!! Anyways, I wanted to stay all night and keep going, but Matt had gone home and took Emma too. He was needing to take a couple pain killers for his ankle, which would knock him out, and I didn't want him to be knocked out and something happen with Emma or with him. So, home I went. I was in bed by 12 and tossed and turned all night. Back up at 6:30 and out at the booth by 7. Not to sound too personal or gross, but standing the whole night before made my crotch hurt. It was like Chase was pushing down as far as he could, I was quite sore. But I did run into a old friend from school, Steph Rammel. I haven't seen her in forever, prob not since her, Lynne and I went out to eat and that was several years ago. Anyways, I invited her to a cookout I'm having with some of my friends so we can get caught up on all the years.

The relay was great tho and we had a lot of fun! The kids really enjoyed playing together and all of the stuff going on around. The relay really means a lot to me and especially to my mom. My mom's dad and sister both have passed away from cancer and this is her way to be able to do something in their memory. What makes it even harder is relay always falls on Father's Day weekend so that brings the extra fond memories of her dad back and her sister passed away the day after Father's Day, so they are both thought of extra that weekend. We always get a luminary in their memory and this year they had a person from each team read the names of their luminaries. So, I was the one to read it. I didn't think it would be hard at all, but I was wrong. There is so much emotion that comes rushing to you at that time in the relay. You know they are gone, but the thought that they will never walk thru your door again or you will never get to see them again just gets ya. Plus, this year we added another family member to the luminary list. My dad's Uncle Vern just recently passed away. But on the bright side of relay, they celebrate all the survivors! I knew a couple of the survivors, we had a good friend on our team that is one, Steph's mom is one and a girl I went to school with her little girl at just 5 is one. That was awesome to see everyone that is beating this horrible disease! We have already started planning for next years relay and are all pumped to make it huge!

The rest of our weekend consisted with Matt laying on the couch with his foot proped up. He had done a couple laps at relay and boy was he paying a huge price for that! Then on Sunday he decided to work in the bathroom and put up a couple of walls. Well, on Monday morning he woke feeling horrible again and wasn't able to put weight on it. Well, he called the doc and they asked if he had a high arch and he wasn't sure, but the boot doesn't have any arch support in it at all. So, I went and bought a arch support and that has seemed to help out. So, hopefully he is on the way to getting better.

On Monday I went for my first non-stress test. I had to do that for 20 minutes and had to keep Chase in one place so that it would keep track of his heart beats. Well, this boy doesn't stay still for nothing, so I had my work cut out for me. So, after having to push him back into place 15 million times, the 20 minutes was finally up. Everything was great, he is still perfect!! The doc says I have to come back next week for another one and he will start checking my cervix then too. Last time he said once he started checking my cervix we could get a good idea when he is gonna induce me. So, hopefully next week I will know when I will be delivering. After next week's non-stress test I go back the following week for my last ultrasound. Boy oh boy am I getting close! I only have 4-6 weeks left right now, is that nuts or what. Hopefully we get all of our remodeling done in time, which mom keeps saying we will. Matt has started on tearing apart our old bathroom, so that is good. I don't think that room should take too long, but we'll see.

Anyways, I have rambled on and on. I better get around so I can get all my running done. My poor cousin is ready to pop any minute, she is almost 2 weeks past due to have her baby and her 1 year old is in the hospital right now. They don't know what is wrong, but he had a seizure yesterday morning and they can't keep his fever down, so I am going to go visit her for a little bit, get some groceries (I hate grocery shopping), get some stuff for Chase and possibly stop and see my grandparents. But then again, that all depends on Ms Emma and what kind of mood she is in. lol

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHAT A WEEKEND!! Sounds like you guys are crazy busy!! did you ever find a crib set you like?

Chasity said...

I hope things settle for you guys!! You're almost there!!!