Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shoot'em Up!!

Well, the time has come for my insulin. I got the lovely phone call on Thursday afternoon. Man oh man did my heart drop down into my gut. I thought I was ready for this, I thought I had myself talked into everything being ok. Boy was I wrong. I went into the appointment worried to death. The nurse asked before I left if I wanted to try a test run, I was like that's ok I'll do it when I have to.

Well, that night before I ate supper I sat in the bathroom for about 10 minutes crying because I didn't want to do it. I was so scared that it wasn't even funny. After awhile I decided to go get a ice pack from the freezer and numb it so I wouldn't feel the needle. I did it and all was good or so I thought. I don't know what I did wrong, but boy do I have one heck of a bruise from that shot. And I still have that bruise, it looks pretty gross. Then the next day for lunch I iced it to numb it and it went fine. At this point I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it without the ice, but what I didn't know is I was gonna do it that night. We went out to Applebee's to eat that night and my courage was gonna be tested. I went into the bathroom and did it without even thinking about it and it didn't hurt! What a huge relief!! I have been doing fine ever since! I am enjoying my new found freedom of being able to eat more of what I want. I've had mac n' cheese and I mean a nice full cup of it!!! I've had a Big Mac and fries! I am so happy about being able to eat again, it is just weird being able to eat like this. The only thing is, I've gotta guess how many carbs I'm going to eat, b/c I have to take my shot before I eat. And I have to dial up for every 15 carbs, if I guess too high then I can have low blood sugar and if I don't dial up enough then I'll still have high blood sugar. So, it is a guessing game, but one I don't mind playing!! This may sound weird, but I am so glad I am on shots!! I can eat again!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.