Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

I am my mother's child

Lately I have been thinking about who I am. What qualities I have gotten from each of my parents. I must say, that I take after my dad a lot! I have a quick temper, major road rage, bull headed, stubborn, strong, can be quite jealous and don't let people take advantage of me. I was starting to wonder if I had any qualities from my mom. Well, I have one of her best qualities, her heart. I care for people, I may not come across that way sometimes, but I truely do. I hate to see people suffering and sad. I recently had a friend from school pass away and I am beating myself up for not being there for her. I should have been by her side for all that she went thru. I should have been her strength, I should have helped her with her family. I should have been one of those people that she would call to just talk and get things off her chest. I should of, but I wasn't. We drifted apart like a lot of people do after school. I have another friend that we had a falling out bc of her death. Even tho I am still hurt by it all, I will still be there for her if she needs me. Right now I don't know if she deserves for me to do that, but that doesn't matter to me. I'll be there, no questions asked. I have another friend that we had a falling out a year or so ago, but we are good now. I will always be there for her too. I will be there for any of my friends. I will do anything I can to help them out, to make them smile. They are my friends and I love them all and I will always be there for them. That is my mom in me. She is such a kind and caring person, grant it, she has quite a bigger heart than me, but I am blessed to have part of her heart. I thank her for that, I am so grateful for that quality. I have always said that if I am half the woman that she is that I will consider myself blessed, I don't know if I am quite to half, but as I get older I am finding myself to be more like her. I am finding myself to have a kinder heart. I know I am rambling, but that is what my mind has been like for a while now. Maybe you can find sense in this blog, hopefully you can. I'll end with something that just made me feel awesome, I got the best compliment this week. I was doing a text forward saying "You are driving down the road and a song came on that made you think of me. What is the song." One of my friends replied Wind Beneath My Wings bc you are a lot of ppls strength. That is the best compliment I have ever received. Thanks!!! You have made my year!!!

No comments: